Do you realize that as high as 70 percent of Americans don’t get the recommended hours of sleep? In fact, getting enough sleep ensures you’re well-rested for the following day. One of the popular ways people deal with sleep issues is by taking CBD. Making use of CBD to treat insomnia is one of the main reasons why people use this compound.
In this guide we’ll determine if CBD helps with insomnia or not, based upon research. There are many types of CBD products you can make use of for your wellness goals. Here are the top ways to use CBD for sleep and the factors to take into consideration before purchasing.
CBD to treat Insomnia Does it work?
Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD is one of the several cannabinoids present within the plant of cannabis. Our endocannabinoid systems interact with these cannabinoids to cause them to operate (ECS).
The ECS is an organ that is responsible for maintaining equilibrium in the body. It regulates various processes that include appetite, mood cognition, sleep, and appetite.
CBD is not psychoactive. It is, therefore, unlike its sister, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD will not give users high. Instead, it provides an array of beneficial effects.
The research shows that CBD could aid people suffering from sleep problems including anxiety. However, these studies often do not provide an explanation for how CBD helps. Researchers constantly stress that there’s a need for additional research. Furthermore, many studies have shown that CBD can help with sleep problems by addressing the root causes.
What Research Says About CBD And Insomnia?
To understand whether CBD can improve sleep in the first place, we must understand the causes that are common to insomnia. Poor sleep has a variety of reasons, such as:
- Anxiety, depression and other mental health disorders like PTSD.
- Environmental factors, such as the loud sounds and poor sleep surface
- Physical illnesses, such as chronic pain
- Medicines you’re currently taking
You can use CBD to treat insomnia that is caused by external causes. The treatment of these causes can aid in improving your sleep quality.
Some people who use CBD to treat depression and anxiety also report improved sleep.
Furthermore, several studies have suggested that CBD can be effective in treating anxiety. A study conducted in 2019 looked into whether CBD could reduce anxiety or help sleep. This study involved 72 participants. 25 % of them experienced difficulty sleeping, while 47 reported anxiety.
The participants took the CBD dosage of 25 milligrams in a capsule form per day. Within the first month, 66.7 percent reported improved sleep. 79.2 percent had lower anxiety levels.
Another major cause of insomnia is the pain. In a 2018 review, the authors noted there’s evidence to suggest that CBD relieves pain. In the reviews, the authors claimed that, by the reduction of chronic pain CBD improves sleep.
In the research study from 2014 the researchers looked at four Parkinson’s patients. They found that CBD reduced the symptoms of REM sleep-related disorder (RBD). A person suffering from RBD is unable to sleep and is prone to nightmares.
How to Properly Use CBD For Insomnia and Other Sleep Problems?
The CBD market currently consists of numerous product variants. Thus, there are various methods to utilize CBD to help with insomnia, including:
- Tinctures and oils
- CBD edibles like gummies
- Vape products
- Capsules and pills
Of all these forms of making use of CBD to treat insomnia, vaping has the greatest benefits. Also you get more CBD absorbs into the system compared to other methods. However, it is important to note that there’s not enough research on vaping CBD. In addition there is a risk of exposure to respiratory health issues that could be harmful.
There is also no standard dosage of CBD for insomnia. The amount of CBD that you choose to use will depend upon a myriad of variables. Some of these factors include your weight, metabolism, and how severe your illness.
With CBD it is possible that what works for one person may not be the best for you. In most clinical trials and studies, researchers use varying dosages. We have daily doses ranging from 25 mg to 1500 mg CBD to treat sleep disorders.
In addition, the standard guideline for consuming CBD is to start by taking a very low dose. Gradually increase the dosage until you have found the right dosage best for your situation.
What to Consider Before Buying CBD for Insomnia?
There are several factors you should consider before buying CBD for insomnia. There are a variety of CBD products available in the market in the present. To reap the advantages, you should use a good CBD for sleep product as the market is saturated with low quality and counterfeit products.
Among the most important things to keep in mind when purchasing any CBD product, one should consider:
- Hemp’s Source: Where the hemp is grown is one of the most important things to consider. The reason is the hemp’s origin determines the quality of the end product. Make sure to choose brands that have high-quality, organic hemp plants. You want the plant to be free from pesticides, herbicides, and various other chemicals.
- A Reliable Brand Read customer reviews on the website of the company. Also, see what other customers are saying on review sites that are independent, such as Trustpilot.
- extraction method: There are several methods for extracting CBD out of the cannabis plant. The level of quality and CBD. CBD product. Also, you should be aware of the methods the company utilizes.
- CO2 extraction is regarded as the best in the industry. This is why it is recommended to pick the brands that employ this method.
- Third-party tests: Sadly the CBD industry is under-regulated. One way that consumers can confirm the safety of a product is by looking at reports from third-party sources. Beware of CBD businesses that do not provide an official certificate of analysis (COA) which contains the results of tests performed by third parties. Usually, the COA is available located on the website of the company. Should it not be, the company must provide it to you when you make a request for it.
Sleeping is a frequent disorder that affects a wide amount of people. In general, doctors suggest changes in lifestyle and behavior. In some instances, they may prescribe medications.
Research has proven the fact that CBD could have many health benefits. Most importantly, studies suggest that CBD may aid in improving sleep. There are many methods to use CBD and many items to test.
We recommend spending some time to research the CBD company prior to buying. Be sure to follow our shopping tips will assist you in choosing the most reliable product.